torsdag 11 augusti 2016

Windows reboots

From BSOD to freezes to intentional reboot, when will Windows learn...

If you're anything like me you'll have a bunch of program open and a number of taps in Chrome with things that you're working on. The last thing you need when starting your day or getting back to your computer after dinner is to notice that everything has been closed thanks to Windows forcing just another update on you.

Don't take me wrong I think it's great that computers get updated and better over time but if the computer is running and I have programs open windows shouldn't be allowed to close them for me unless it can reopen them so everything is back as I left it after the update.

Before the anniversary update you where able to disable these automatics restarts to ensure that you confirmed when you wanted to reboot, but now those options are gone and you can only specify upto 12 hours a day where it won't update. Hopefully I have found a solution (https://techjourney.net/permanently-disable-prevent-automatic-restart-of-windows-update-in-windows-10/) that hopefully will work even now, but this kind of attitude towards the customers makes me seriously consider changing OS again.

Leave the reboot to me the user PLEASE!

Inga kommentarer: